GEM ENERGY - For Business Group
Creating A Favourable Variation For Business Energy Consumers
Policy Statement on Staff Training and Development
1. This policy statement relates to the training and development of all staff employed by GEM ENERGY - For Business.
2. Staff development refers to the development of the individual in terms of their knowledge, skills, personal abilities, competencies and understanding to support the strategic aims and priorities of their department or service and the development of their own career. It embraces a wide range of learning experiences, both within and outside the workplace, and is a continuing process that can help individuals to:
3. Staff development can take place on- or off-job. On-job development includes learning through the experience of doing the job; reflecting on that experience; discussing it with a manager, mentor, coach, colleagues; receiving feedback on performance; reviewing and evaluating performance. Off-job development can include participation in courses or conferences, undertaking a qualification, secondment, placement, shadowing etc. Staff development thus helps to create high-performing, skilled and effective staff.
4. Staff development is the joint responsibility of:
5. Individual staff have a responsibility to keep themselves informed about developments in their own field or area of work. They should give thought to their own training and development needs and career aspirations and be prepared to devote time and energy to meeting those needs. GEM ENERGY - For Business and its faculties, HR, recruitment heads, operations manager, department heads and services have a responsibility to ensure that mechanisms are in place to facilitate the continuing professional development of all staff.
6. Individual professional development should begin on entry to GEM ENERGY - For Business with a programme of initial induction to the department and the business. Each department should nominate a member of its staff to be responsible for the induction of new appointees. We have an induction programme designed to introduce new staff to the business.
7. GEM ENERGY - For Business runs a multi-stage programme of progressive and continuing professional development in the UK commercial energy sector and all business departments. GEM ENERGY - For Business comprises three pathways, the appropriate pathway being decided on appointment according to the skills and experience of the appointee and becoming a condition of contract. Exemption criteria apply. Each pathway carries a workload allowance. The programme carries ongoing training and learning values which can lead to further qualifications, not only in the UK commercial energy sector but traditional business development qualifications to further enhance your career, which ever path you choose moving forward, GEM ENERGY - For Business always striving for excellence.
8. On appointment every new member of staff is assigned a mentor. Staff on probation follow GEM ENERGY - For Business arrangements for probation and are advised and guided by the designated adviser. The adviser’s role is to take a professional interest in the development of the new member of staff, having regular discussions with them and conducting probationary review meetings regularly.
Staff Review and Development Scheme
9. Once probation is completed all staff participate in the GEM ENERGY - For Business annual staff review and development scheme (SRDS). The purpose of the scheme is to provide an opportunity, first to look back at the contribution that has been made by an individual over the previous twelve months and then to look forward and make plans for the coming year. The scheme aims to support and develop staff to develop their career and performance in line with the UK commercial energy sector.
10. The head of operations, as the person with ultimate responsibility for the member of staff, should be informed of all training and development needs identified. Responsibility for meeting these needs lies jointly with the individual, the reviewer, the head of operations. Training alone will be insufficient to meet all needs, and staff should have the opportunity to gain practical ‘on-job’ development experience to complement training.
Continuing Professional Development
11. Staff at all levels are expected to engage in continuing professional development. Needs should be identified on an ongoing basis and through the review process. The member of staff should discuss with their line manager the funding of any external events which incur fees or travel expenses.
Meeting of Needs
12. Professional development needs can be met in a number of ways. Department heads, third party training, qualification organisations and local council departments apprenticeship programmes to support academic, professional and organisational development, both centrally and on a bespoke basis for individual faculties and the UK commercial energy sector as a whole. This provision includes support for staff and postgraduate research students through short courses, longer programmes, and credit-bearing courses, networks, one-to-one advice, coaching, mentoring, personal development planning and online resources. This provision covers development in leadership and management, supply point data reviews, energy audits, ESOS, EIIS, procurement, operational cost reduction strategies and is supported through bespoke work with faculties, department heads, suppliers, TPI partners and groups; through networks which bring together those with similar roles; and through support for a range of business projects, initiatives and groups.
Other Development Methods
13. Other arrangements for staff development might include, as appropriate:
Outcomes of Training and Development
14. After participation in any form of training or development, it is expected that the member of staff concerned will discuss with the line manager what has been learned or gained and how this can be applied in the job and, as appropriate, shared with others. All training and development undertaken should also be discussed as part of probationary and staff review processes.
GEM Energy - For Business Group
sourcing energy, power, water and business services from around the globe at the most economical prices through our partner channels, this allows GEM ENERGY - For Business Group to offer the most competitive supply agreements UK nationally based for all of our consumers ongoing!
GEM ENERGY - For Business Group
ENERGY MANAGEMENT AND DATA REVIEW SERVICES OFFERING GUARANTEED REDUCTIONS WITHIN YOUR CURRENT ENERGY SPEND, VIA OUR THOROUGH REALIGNMENT AND ADJUSTMENT PROCESS ACROSS THE UK DISTRIBUTION, TRANSMISSION NETWORK AND UK COMMERCIAL ENERGY SECTOR UNRIVALED ANYWHERE IN THE UK
ONLY PAY FOR RESULTS ACHIEVED WHICH CAN BE CONFIRMED WITHIN THE PERCENTAGE REDUCTION SPEND ON OUR SERVICE PRICE LIST PAGE, ANYTHING UP TO A 10% SAVING ON YOUR ANNUAL ENERGY SPEND IS FREE OF CHARGE !
THE SAVINGS CALCULATED WITHIN YOUR ANNUAL ENERGY SPEND WILL FAR EXCEED THE INITIAL COST OF SERVICE, THIS IS NOT PAYABLE UNTIL THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AND VERIFIED, GIVING YOU TOTAL TRANSPARENCY, PEACE OF MIND AND HUGE RETURNS ON YOUR INVESTMENT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS FROM DAY ONE !
Please select the correct service from the Buy now button drop down list to purchase, You can confirm more details on our service charges via the Service Price List Page!
If you have any issues with our buy Now button or you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact our Head Office On - 01207 664 311 or email us on [email protected]
GEM ENERGY - For Business Group
Best Energy Management Services Provider 2019
Innovation and Excellence Awards 2020
Best in commercial energy savings